The Over the Hill Gang Volkssport Club
Minutes of the March 27, 2013 meeting
Round Table Pizza, 34410 – 16th Ave Ct, Federal Way, WA, 6:30 p.m.
Call to Order Meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. by club president, Diane Wagner. Twelve members and 1 guest were present.
Milestones Shirley Lindberg – 3,200 events
Debbie Connell – 12,000 km
Rich Heasty received the AVA Certificate of service award as club VP.
Minutes Motion was made, seconded and passed to accept the minutes of the February 27, 2013 meeting as submitted by the secretary.
Treasurer’s Report Ken Grieser reported that the checkbook balance is $3,414.52 plus cash that he has yet to deposit.
All YRE money and log sheets need to be given to Ken so he can prepare the end of quarter reports.
Year-round/Seasonal Events (number of participants year to date)
Auburn/White River – 19
DuPont – Boyhood Memories – no report
Historical – no report
Federal Way – 7
Juneau – begins in May
Kent – City – 17
Green River/Earthworks Tour – 42
Lake Fenwick – begins April 1
Maple Valley – 31
Membership Marianne Bastin reported that membership is 39.
Sales Alicia Maxcy has record books and club shirts for sale.
Sickness/Sympathy Joan Grieser reported that Dorothy Bahr will be having eye surgery.
- Voted to endorse Sam Korff as AVA President.
- The other candidates are running unopposed. Nancy Wittenberg, candidate for NW Regional Director is also unopposed.
- The group voted to support the IVV Americas proposal.
- The elected officers begin their terms July 1, 2013.
- The next meeting will be May 18 in Ellensburg.
AVA Meeting/Convention (April 29 to May 3 in Orlando, FL)
The vote will be taken for the following:
AVA President – candidates are Sam Korff and Dennis Michele
Vice President – Holly Pelking
Secretary – Bonny Johnson
Treasurer – Bob Morrison
Nancy Wittenberg is carrying our proxy to convention. A check from TOTHG in the amount of $50 has been prepared to give here to help with expenses.
The following motions were made in regard to voting instructions for our proxy:
- Motion was made, seconded and passed to vote for Sam Kroff for AVA President.
- Motion was made, seconded and passed to accept the balance of the officer slate.
- Motion was made, seconded and passed to instruct Nancy Wittenberg to vote her conscious on IVV Americas and other items as they come up at Convention.
Jerry Williams will be walking/wheeling DuPont on April 6. As soon as that is done we can start on the second route.
Break for Drawing $12.00 was collected. Paul Bastin won $6.00 and $6.00 went to the club.
The Lake Fenwick seasonal starts April 1. There is a modified route for that (no change in elevation or number of steps). It now goes on Frager RD before crossing the Des Moines Hwy and up the metal stairs to Lake Fenwick Park.
Meeting was adjourned at 7 p.m.
Marianne Bastin, secretary
Dates to remember
March 30 Federal Way/Weyerhaeuser – Emerald City Wanderers
April 6 Bellevue guided walk – Interlaken Trailblazers
April 13 Seattle – F.S. Family Wanderers
April 18 Vancouver, WA (Thursday) – Vancouver USA
April 24 The Over the Hill Gang meeting, 6:30 p.m.