The Over the Hill Gang Volkssport Club
Minutes of the March 22, 2017 meeting
Round Table Pizza, 34410 – 15th Ave. Ct., Federal Way, WA, 6:30 p.m.
Call to Order Meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. by club president, Diane Wagner. Eleven members and 1 guest were present.
- Thank you from the Puyallup Food Bank for the donations.
- Thank you from the DuPont Historical Society for the donation.
- E-mail from Alicia Maxcy’s daughter providing her new address.
Minutes of the February 22, 2017 meeting A motion was made, seconded and passed to accept the minutes as submitted by the secretary.
Treasurer’s report Ken Grieser gave the report.
Year round/Seasonal events (number of participants year-to-date)
Auburn – 32
DuPont – Town – 47
Boyhood Memories – 11
Federal Way – 8
Kent – Town – 9
Green River – 8
Maple Valley – 4
Ketchikan and Juneau, AK seasonal will start May 1. Kent’s Lake Fenwick seasonal starts April 1.
Membership (Marianne Bastin) Club has 24 members.
Sickness/Sympathy (Joan Grieser) No report.
- It is time to select a new NW Regional Director. Nancy Wittenberg’s 2 terms are up. Tom Baltes, Assistant NW Regional Director, is the only candidate declared.
A motion was made, seconded and passed to accept Tom Baltes as NW Regional Director. Our wishes in this matter will be forwarded.
- The delegate/alternate or proxy for the AVA convention will be selected at our next meeting.
- The AVA will be making another push for donations to the Big Give in May. Some parts of the event are made up of matching funds. More information will be available at the April meeting.
ESVA The next meeting will be the annual meeting on May 6 in Spokane. Any issues that need to be voted on will be discussed at our April meeting.
Break for Drawing $16.00 was collected. Carolyn Warhol won $8.00. $8.00 went to the club.
- Routes are being worked out for the DuPont event. We will be working directly with the DuPont Historical Society for our event.
- Diane Wagner is working on the route for the planned Tacoma walk.
- The club address has been updated on our website.
- The schedule for the monthly bike rides is out. These are seasonal bike rides from 20-35k. Information can be found on Meetup.
Meeting was adjourned at 7 p.m.
Marianne Bastin, secretary
Wednesday, April 26, 6:30 p.m. – The Over the Hill Gang meeting